5 Featured Clips
- "Meet Gus Kenworthy: Telluride Kid, Olympic Medalist, Atomic Athlete, and Way More," Mountain Magazine, 11/2017.
- "Treading Lightly on Sacred Land," Mountain Magazine, 04/2016. A narrative opinion piece on Bears Ears National Monument.
- "Thankfully, Aaron Lee Tasjan Brings Glam to Fusty Americana" Denver Westword. 09/2017.
- "Rhiannon Giddens Gives Voice to the Unheard" Denver Westword, 08/2017. Giddens sings songs about black resilience that matter.
- "5 Threatened National Monuments to Backpack While You Still Can," Backpacker Magazine, 08/2017. The federal government is considering changes to national monuments around the country. Hike these trails to get a ground-level view of what's at stake.
Selected Clips sorted by subject:
- "Tossing Flies in the San Miguel," Telluride Magazine, 09/2017. Fly fishing can be one of the most challenging–but rewarding–activities in the area.
- "Ani Yahzid Brings Diversity to the Outdoors," Reverberations Mag, 06/2017. This young filmmaker seeks to bring hip-hop and the outdoors into conversation.
- "Day Hike: Beyond Bridal Veil Falls," Mountain Magazine, 09/2015. Looking past Telluride’s most famous natural wonder.
- "Biking Norwood's Thunder Trails," Telluride Magazine, 06/2017. Mountain biking in a cow town.
The Arts/ Music
- "Television Generation's New Album Rails Against Gentrification," Denver Westword, 01/2018.
- "Denver Musicians Throw Benefit for Undocumented Immigrants," Denver Westword, 09/2017.
- "Vagabonds Slide into Telluride," The Watch, 08/2017. Davina Sowers knows how to scrap.
- "Aliens in Telluride," Mountain Magazine, 09/2016. The movie Arrival spreads a message of empathy at the Telluride Film Festival.
- "The Office on Repeat," Reverberations Mag, 02/2017. Am I in love with Pam from The Office?
- "A.O. Scott Talks Shop," Reverberations Mag, 05/2017. NY Times critic A.O. Scott discusses criticism, post-modern art, and The Boss.
- "Country Songwriter John Moreland Cuts the Bullshit," Denver Westword, 08/2017.
- "Compassionate Music: Dar Williams," Reverberations Mag, 08/2017. Acclaimed Folk-Singer Dar Williams on the function of art, songwriting, Sylvia Plath, and rebuilding community.
- "Bluegrass Bands Rally for Musician Injured at Cherry Creek Reservoir," Denver Westword, 10/2017.
- "Lost in the Wildermiss with Denver's Rising Indie-Pop Foursome," Denver Westword, 10/2017.
- "Start Me Up" Telluride Daily Planet. 07/2017. Local entrepreneurs navigate legal immigration laws.
- "Living Vividly: David Klingensmith has traveled the world throughout his highly successful career in banking," FVS Alumni Bulletin, 12/2017.
- "The Colorado-born Chameleon of Culture," FVS Alumni Bulletin, 12/2017.
- "No Girls Allowed: Andrus Field Historically Excludes Women," Wesleyan Argus, 03/2016. Sports and gender intersect in the center of campus.
- "Andrus Field 1831–1911: Athletics and the Environment," ConnecticutHistory.org. Anrdus Field originated from a radical shift in the way that Americans related to the environment.
- "28 Students Respond to Donald Trump’s Election," The Nation, 11/2016.
- "The Blame Game: The Sports World Must Respect Women," Wesleyan Argus, 05/2016.
- "AEPi and WesWings Partner to Help Charity and Offer Sandwich Stardom," Wesleyan Argus, 09/2015.